Monday 21 March 2011

So This is It.


So what do you wear for an interview? 

It is not like I was going for a job as a bank clerk. The sensible skirt could stay in the wardrobe. But I did not want to go to the interview dressed like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. I hate clichés. I settled on a pair of tight jeans, a figure hugging white ribbed sweater and a pair of 4 inch, black, high heels. I decided to put a bit of a wave in my hair, and applied my makeup more “Friday Night Out” than I would usually wear in the day.
I went to the first place, but straightaway did not like it. It was a very normal house, on a very normal street. It was just so off-putting seeing kids outside. I still nervously waited to be let in. I thought at least I could ask some questions. There is very little to tell about the interview, as I was so nervous and the “madam” was so abrupt. I left not knowing anymore than when I went there.

I decided to have a bit of Dutch courage before the next meeting. I had a large Vodka and Lemonade in a pub nearby. Now if I cannot enter a pub on my own, what chance would I have working as a hooker.
This place was above a parade of shops and you entered at the back. I must admit it looked a bit grotty, but trying to be positive I could see the positives. There were open steps leading up to the front door. The people in the house could see people before they entered, and I late found out that they could reject anyone before they even climbed the steps if they were too unsuitable, or had caused problems in the past. Safety was important to me as you hear so many stories.

I entered, and as I was directed to the reception area, a scantily clad woman rushed pass. I must admit my heart went over thinking that could be me dressed in next to nothing.
The madam offered me a drink, I will call her Sara from now on. She mentioned how pleased she was that I looked the same as the photographs. Apparently many girls send random pics they have found on the net.
The meeting kept being interrupted as clients would call or turn up. But we chatted in detail about the job. It reassured me that she kept making sure that I wanted to do this. I repeated that I would give it a try, and if I did not like it, or she was not happy, neither of us had lost anything.

I asked so many questions, and most I cannot remember now. They were all mainly about personal safety and diseases. My mind was put at rest.

As it all seemed to go so well, I agreed to come in for a day to “get a feel”. I asked what I had to wear, and she said that at first some nice lingerie, stockings and heels would be suitable.
As another girl walked past, Sara called her over and introduced me, Sara said that Tanya would be the one I could shadow on Wednesday.

I bid farewell, and walked home going through all my fears and worries. However I almost slapped myself, and told myself that it was an end to a means.

No comments:

Post a Comment